Saturday, September 29, 2007

Soccer

Every Saturday morning at 6:30, about 35 people gather from the several different homeschool co-ops here to play soccer. I don't know whose idea it was to play soccer on a Saturday morning at 6:30, but, bright and early, we all drag ourselves out of the house and head for the soccer field about 10 minutes away. Even though I'm half asleep for about an hour, by the time we stretch, run, and do some drills, I've warmed up. We split into two different games - the adults down to middle school and then the elementary kids. The field we are playing on right now is in front of an elementary school and is made out of a lovely combination of sand and crushed shells. I'll never complain about falling on a grass field again! Any fall, no matter how small, tends to produce blood. But, besides being way too early, way too cold, and slightly painful, we always enjoy Saturday mornings. Soccer is right up our alley and is a sport that we have some talent for. Soccer is one of the biggest sports here in Korea which is ideal for my family.
The little kids play behind the regular field where the adult team plays.


Evangeline and Julianna playing with their many friends here


What do you do when you are outnumbered two to one with no way out? Just grab the ball with you hands, of course!

Caroline getting ready to have her feet slide out from under her and then take the boy out with her at the same time.



The elementary kids

Susanna takes on one of the dads in the older game

Gabe was considered one of the "dads" - probably because he's taller than most of them.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog! I can't wait to hear all about what's going on there. The only thing I don't like about blogspot is that it does not alert you (through email like xanga) that you have comments and it is easy to miss them if someone comments on an old post.
I pray that God would ABUNDANTLY bless your time there. I know that when you serve the Lord with all you have He will not let it be in vain. From Your New Friend, Tell all my high-schoolers I miss them!
Krissy