Friday, January 4, 2008

Busan and Oeado Island (Day I)

Before Christa and Darrell left, our whole family took a two-night trip to the southeastern tip of Korea. As always, traveling in Korea was an adventure since the farther you go from Seoul, the less the Koreans speak English. This means we have to rely a lot on the Korean I know, which can lead to some interesting situations. The day before we left, I made reservations over the phone (in Korean) for 12 people at a hotel. When we arrived the next day (January 1st), we discovered that our reservations were canceled because they did not honor reservations made from last year! The hotel had just changed owners the night before (apparently right after I got off the phone with them), and, after some helpful phone translation (I was totally lost), we had to continue on our way farther south to find somewhere else to stay because the new ownership would not allow reservations made the "previous" year!

Packing into the car...we were packed to the roof with 12 people + 3 days worth of luggage in a minivan size vehicle. I had luggage under me, beside me, and above me! Each time we had to climb back in the van, it took about 10 minutes just to get everyone situated.
Priceless...

My, umm, handsome brothers
Later that night...we were all a little sick of being sardines packed into a can
Thankfully, we finally found a hotel where Jared and Gabe could kick back and relax with complimentary bathrobes.

1 comment:

Asher, Esther & Emma's Jie Jie said...

ohhh myy.. lol. i laughed through each one.