Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kore-xican Food

Gabe, Susanna, and I had a fun time on Thursday experiencing a Mexican/Korean restaurant. Mexican food is not usually popular here so we rarely see a Mexican restaurant. The birthday of one of the high school girls was a good excuse to try it out. Actually, I thought it was very good. My beans were slightly sweet, but other than that, I would definitely recommend it. Usually, the only beans we see over here are sweetened and used as a filling in bread (delicious, right?) so eating them with lettuce and sour cream was a welcome change. I wasn't quite sure why they served sweet pickles and pickled cabbage with our burritos, but maybe it's a Spanish custom I'm not aware of?

Waiting for the jehachul (subway)

Ruth, Grace, Eun-hye, Sok-jun, me, Susanna