Thursday, February 14, 2008

True Love

"The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying,
'Yea, I have loved thee with an EVERLASTING love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.'" -Jeremiah 31:3

"The knowledge that God has loved me to the uttermost...will send me forth into the world to love in the same way." -Oswald Chambers
In the United States today, most boyfriend/girlfriend love is all about making yourself feel good and instant self-gratification. But God's love is the opposite; God's love is being a servant even when no one else is looking. In society today, this love is rare (to put it lightly). So, today I want to honor the REAL love I've seen - my grandparent's, who celebrate their 55th anniversary today, and my parents, who have shown so much sacrificial love to me. But, above all, the love of my Savior to a sinner like me. Here's to real love!
Tonight, Dad and Mom went on a date so the rest of us kids made pizza and cookies, read books, and played cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun !

Asher, Esther & Emma's Jie Jie said...

Isn't it funny how I actually miss when we used to make pizza together? Haha.. it's so random.. but I do miss those little things.
Looks like you guys had a fun Valentines night. What awesome examples you have of love in your parents and grandparents.

Love you guys!!