Friday, October 12, 2007

Costco

I had to lean out of the car window in the middle of a busy intersection to take this picture, so sorry it's crooked but I did my best!
Every other Friday, Dad and I go grocery shopping at Costco (about 25 minutes from where we live). I am so glad there is a Costco here as it enables us to get many American products that we can't find anywhere else. Costco is always jam-packed full of people; they seem to get more business here than in the U.S. I get scared sometimes, as I try to maneuver my shopping cart down the aisles, because the Koreans navigate their shopping carts like they navigate their cars - crazy! In Korean stores, many different employees hand out free samples, yelling loudly about what they are selling, prices, etc. To succeed as a business in Korea, Costco has adopted the same policy. I'm glad to get the free samples, but sometimes I feel like I'm being trampled to death. Last time we went, they were giving out samples of cheesecake. Cheesecake is my favorite, and we can never get it here because it costs too much money. So, I patiently waited my turn in line to get a sample, but every time there was a new piece, some lady's hand would shoot in from behind me and grab it before I could!

Dad actually let me drive on the way home yesterday. Obviously, we survived, and it was nice to get to drive again. It's quite an experience. I enjoy driving with Dad because he's very laid back (he practically goes to sleep) - Mom, well, that' s another story! :)


Think we have enough for two weeks? :)

1 comment:

A Fellow Traveler said...

Hey! We go to Costco on Fridays here in the US, too! I appreciate you keeping up the blog, so I can tag along on your adventures in Korea!

Hannah Miller