Friday, May 23, 2008

American BBQ in Korea


I had great plans to update the blog with all kinds of pictures the night before I left Korea. BUT, after running around outside barefoot, I ended up taking a late trip to the ER for stitches instead. I always said the last think I wanted to do in Korea was go to their emergency rooms, but God decided to surprise me the very last night! Korean emergency rooms are a lot more open, less private, less strict, less sanitary, etc. than their American counterparts so it was an interesting experience to say the least.

So anyway, I am now posting the pictures we have from the last two weeks I was in Korea. They were very full weeks especially because of Mom returning to the U.S. for a few days and then Dad having surgery. (Dad's knee is doing well - they were not able to reach the problem arthroscopically so they ended up having to do invasive surgery. We were disappointed and a little nervous about recovery, but God has taken care of his leg. Thank you for your prayers; God definitely answered them!)

The last Sunday I was there, all three American families decided to have a BBQ outside. We bought hot dogs and marshmallows at Costco, and Dad set up his little grill and built a fire in his garden area. We sat around the fire, made s'mores, and sang songs for a long time. Thankfully, Korea is still cold enough to be able to enjoy a fire at night. (Back here in Orlando is a totally different story!

Stephen attempts to roast a football

All the kids in the American families (plus a few Korean friends)

The chefs :)

My sisters have loved having Soyoung, who is a home schooler, living in the same apartment building together. They play with each other almost every day.

I will continue to post more pictures (in small increments) over the next several days. I will also try to have Gabe post some current pictures of the family as they wrap up co-ops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Susanna`s back doing? I love BBQ, was it good?

Anonymous said...

I love it!